The Mortal Kombat MUGEN Projects

Join! (free) FAQ Search Memberlist :: Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Wicked Mileena 2.0 FEB 28 2015 UPDATE/NOW FULL BORG-STYLE AI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mortal Kombat MUGEN Projects Forum Index -> Mortal Kombat Project - Fixed -> Characters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Wicked Mileena 2.0 FEB 28 2015 UPDATE/NOW FULL BORG-STYLE AI  Reply with quote

Character Download Link Latest Version (VERSION DATE FEBRUARY 28, 2015) (For Borg117's FIXED MORTAL KOMBAT PROJECT 4.1, not compatible with earlier versions of MORTAL KOMBAT PROJECT) :

http://www.4shared.com/download/l...ena_20_VERSION_FEB_.zip?lgfp=3000

There will be new versions as new enhancements are made to the character.  Check back periodically to see the latest version date and changelog.  The changelog is the second post in this topic.

IMPORTANT COMPATIBILITY NOTE:

The character is currently only compatible with Borg117's FIXED AND UPDATED Mortal Kombat Project 4.1 version (using MUGEN 1.1 engine). You can find a version of Borg117's project at:

http://mkmp.myfreeforum.org/sutra40179.php#40179

NSFW

Link

IMPORTANT COMPATIBILITY NOTE:

The character is currently only compatible with Borg117's FIXED AND UPDATED Mortal Kombat Project 4.1 version (using MUGEN 1.1 engine). You can find a version of Borg117's project at:

http://mkmp.myfreeforum.org/sutra40179.php#40179

Some of the Features of Wicked Mileena 2.0:

-New ground attacks and combos

-Aerial attacks, including air to air, air to ground, and air to ground to air combination possibilities

-12 Palettes

-12 Finishers

-Extensive sound file with new effects and dialogue customized for different circumstances

-Six different Round One intros that play randomly, and more that play when facing specific opponents

-Custom game intro and ending

-Improved AI

-New sprites and animations, including alternate explicit animations that play when certain palettes are selected (Bring back the 90's MK shock factor that terrorized our parents!)

-Other cool stuff

Feel free to download and enjoy the character but please contact me for agreement before using this character in other projects that you may upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGtoz9HECVk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5CjyZauaOo

I assume it will work in any projects that use Borg117's project as a base.  I may make a version in the future compatible with older MKP versions.

I suggest reading the included MOVELIST text document before using the character as there are a lot of special attacks and features that aren't in the cmd file.  Also be cautious editing Statedef -2 in the cns file as there are a lot of special effects in that statedef.  

This character is pretty well polished but there may be future updates, patches, and enhancements.  Please also leave input with any bugs/glitches you may find and also with any improvements you may like to see in future versions.  Also if you like the character and want to comment, it's always appreciated.

A reminder again: NSFW.  Be advised, this a dark character with graphic content and is intended for adults.

See changelog below for info on new versions.

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:31 pm; edited 41 times in total
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-------------------Changelog

This is a character that I intend to continue playtesting and polishing even after release.  The first Wicked Mileena 2.0 release on FEBRUARY 5 2015 was pretty thoroughly troubleshot for as much as I tried to pack into it, but the MKMP downtime gave a chance to do a bit more playtesting and do a few more enhancements and bugfixes.

I may do more changes in the future so I will edit this changelog post whenever I load a new update so anyone who is following the character can see if it's worth redownloading.  The first post in this topic will always be updated to have the download link for the latest version. The date in the topic will reflect the date of the most recent version.

If anybody notices any glitches or has suggestions, please inform me.

Changelog Update: FEBRUARY 10, 2015

- Fixes to Hara-Kiri.  The old one was functional but the opponent character could still move around and sometime there'd be a ten second delay before round would end.  Fixed. Also added guest character appearance to Hara-Kiri.

- Fixed blood Helper when Wicked Mileena 2.0 does a flying bite decapitator at Fatality time.  Before it seemed to squirt out of the air instead of the defeated character.  Fixed.

- Fixed hitboxes for Friendship Finishers.  Before if characters were at extreme opposite ends of certain stages when Friendship performed, hit would miss opponent, requiring pressing of F1 to end round. Fixed.

- Fixed randomized round one intros.  Two of these six intros were supposed to be rare and also could be manually triggered. The last release had them playing frequently without any input.  Fixed.

Changelog Update: FEBRUARY 11, 2015

-Fixed sprite priority in Fatal Kiss Finisher.  On some characters Mileena would appear behind the opponent at the start of the finisher then shift in front of them.  Fixed.

-Minor palette changes.

-----------------Changelog Update: FEBRUARY 15, 2015

-Palette fixes.

-Sprite fixes.

-Added pause to crotch bite and throat bite stun after a few combo cycles to avoid infinite combos.

-Changed initial velocity and velset statecontrollers for flying bite and sai drop attacks to make them less automatic homing and more manual distance control.  Tightened hitboxes on aerial sai drop.

-Added new "Unzipped" Fatality. More info in Movelist.txt

-Added slice Fatality effects to sai drop/flying jump.

-Made Wicked Mileena compatible with Borg117's slice Fatality states and animations.

-In "Hug"  finisher state, pressing x now performs "Unzipped" Fatality instead of uppercut

-Added additional gore to shotgun sai finisher using bone and fragment helpers

-Added x velocity increase to upward roll attack forward if following double upward roll attack back.

-Added Borg117's crouching block AI for better low attack defense.

-Changed one random soundtrack song for Wicked Mileena's Whoa!! Friendship

-----------------Changelog Update: FEBRUARY 16, 2015

-Fixes for heartbreaker and terrorize moves: added Turn StateController and Velset Statecontrollers to make opponent face Mileena and do proper repel or attract even if behind her.

-Lowered x velocity of flying bite from standard jump when opponent is on the ground. This was done to add balance by making it a little less easy to transition from a flying bite into a ground combo. Still possible but requires a little bit more timing.

-----------------Changelog Update: FEBRUARY 18, 2015

-Fixed glitch with Unzipped Fatality where it would miss if performed after a flying bite that failed to hit, or if activated during the first tick of an opponent's defeated dizzy state.

-Removed background blackout and ominous music tone from FATALITY 1 (FATAL KISS) to make the change to the state more streamlined and more of a shocker when the sweet kiss turns into something else.  Also matches it more to the flowing style of this character's other finishers.

-Improved Fatality and finishers AI to have computer controlled opponent be more random and creative in their finishing moves.

-----------------Changelog Update: FEBRUARY 20, 2015

Now taking full advantage of the AILevel Trigger and have revamped Wicked Mileena's AI to use this instead of just standard Random >/</= x triggers alone.

This means a couple good things.  Wicked Mileena 2.0's special attacks will now be compatible with newer MUGEN engines' difficulty option, and will also escalate in difficulty depending on her place in the match ladder.  

It also means I can incorporate more of Borg117's statedefs for characters' basic shared moves.  This will have the same difficulty benefit as the special moves, and also make the character fit more seamlessly into Borg's engine.

I'm also taking the opportunity to revamp some of Wicked Mileena's other AI factors, tightening things up and adding certain strategies and counters that my playtesting has taught me would benefit the character.

-----------------Changelog Update: FEBRUARY 21, 2015

-Updates to AI to prevent characters with sliding kicks (such as Reptile) from defeating Wicked Mileena with spamming.

-Improved infinite combo prevention. Changed from long hitdef pausetime which looked unnatural and allowed cheap shots from opponent.  Instead Wicked Mileena will have pushback during nut bite/throat bite after a few combo cycles and won't be able to transition to upward roll attack during nut bite/throat bite after a few combo cycles.

-----------------Changelog Update: FEBRUARY 22, 2015

-Added new statedef for sweep sai trip. Wicked Mileena is supposed to be able to followup with an uppercut after a successful sweep sai hit.  Statedef 21238 used to backpedal opponent after trip carried them out of range of uppercut unless wallcornered.  New Statedef has similar attributes to 21238 but slower x velocity to allow for successful uppercut followup.

-Two new available alternate palettes.  There is the nylon palette and the Tarkatan palette.  The new palettes are for use in palette space "pal9."  This is in the character's DEF file.  Since Wicked Mileena now exceeds the maximum 12 palettes, it is up to each user to pick which palette to use in that slot.  By default I have the Tarkatan palette in that space.  If you would like to change it to the original "wicked mileena racer" or "nylon" palatte, go into the DEF file. Then remove the ";" sign from in front of the pal9 you want to activate and then place the ; sign in front of the palette you want to deactivate.  Do NOT renumber Wicked Mileena's palettes as certain ones are coded for certain animation effects and will malfunction if palette numbers are changed.

-----------------Changelog Update: FEBRUARY 23, 2015

-Fixed AI glitch. When computer controlled, Wicked Mileena would sometimes recover in the air after being hit by launching a flying bite. This was not an intended air recovery. Fixed.

-Removed unneccessary Var Activators and AI Commands left over from old version of Mileena to increase compatibility with new AILevel triggers and Borg117's AI Var Activators.

-----------------Changelog Update: FEBRUARY 28, 2015

-Some more sprite/palette improvements

-Added a variant on the classic mirror Friendship finisher from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

-Fixed old style MKP 4.1 run bug where run would stutter into standing animation sometimes when computer controlled.

-Added AI states to make Mileena sometimes do her hug finisher on opponents when AI controlled. This finisher then branches into other finishers from the hug to keep the opponent guessing their fate.

-Lowered chance of Wicked Mileena performing Hara-Kiri when computer controlled to give opponent chance to perform Fatality more often.

-Further AI corrections and updates to bring the character closer to the style of Borg117's MKP 4.1 fixed characters.

-

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:58 pm; edited 17 times in total
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wicked Mileena 2.0:

12 HIt Air-to-Ground-to-Air-to-Ground Combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpHo1P4o3KU&feature=youtu.be

I've actually pulled off a 22 hit before but I wasn't recording and it is tough to duplicate outside training mode.  

I'm torn on cutting back on it because with her air-to-ground-to-air-ground combos there's the possibility for infinite combos, which I usually find cheap.  If I'd been quicker at the end of the combo I could have done another upward spin instead of an uppercut and just kept the whole thing going.

But the velocity factor of the air-to-ground makes it almost impossible to pull off a true infinite because unless someone has machine like precision the timing will get them before long.  And the AI is programmed to change up the attacks too frequently to pull an infinite.

I'd like opinions of anybody who has tried the character.

UMK3 had infinites but they were controversial. Some people thought pulling them off was a show of a skilled player, where others thought it was just a cheap way to ruin the fun for the other player.

Should I take out the possibility for infinites?

Or do the factors of timing and managing velocity make it enough of a matter of skill and interesting enough to be worth being kept in?

EDIT: After more playtesting I will change the possibility for infinites in the corner for sure.  I've noticed if I could get them into the corner and did air to ground, I could pretty much just bite and slap around and stab the opponent endlessly fairly easily. I'll add a cornerpush to the end of the air combo chains in my next update.  I'm still torn on removing infinites when the opponent is not in the corner, as they are possible but difficult to pull off, so not nearly as cheap.

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draxxon wrote:
infinites are always bad, no matter how difficult they
are to pull off, if they are present people will learn
them. you don't even have to be a machine.

Damage Scaling will stop the effects of an infinite (death)

most deff need to add pushback in the corner
after "X amount" of hits.

I find the 1st hit the most alarming, it looks like you
can start that combo very easily, from full screen while
in the air already jumping. It looks like the move has tracking.
if so, it seems like that 1st hit can be landed at will, with
very little effort for spacing and timing.

the low blow stun linker was awesome though. Maybe give
the opponent the chance to block after the low blow. so
you will have to rely on mixups after it and not just a free
string.

hope that helps, bro.

I really appreciate the input.

I agree about the first hit. I designed it as a double edged sword.  It is a homing move, but the hitboxes are designed to where if you don't manage the distance and height accurately the sais will miss and then you just land in front of the opponent ready for them to open up on you while your posing with your arms out.

What I'll do in the next update is tighten the hitboxes to the sais even further to require even greater precision, and I'll alter x-axis velocity so it's not such a magic bullet.  

It has such a distance because its part of the characters height gaining air roll system, but it telegraphs itself at each height increment with a certain sound, to prepare the opponent to counter or block.  

Also to make it a combo, you have to transition to the jump bite immediately after the first hit without hitting ground,  then have to hit ground close enough to pull of the first punch of the ground combo, while the opponent is staggering away.  

An idea I have is to increase the velocity of the opponents stagger away after the jump bite so it requires correct distance right at landing and immediate reaction time for the first hit after landing.

As for the low bite, and the throat bite too, there's something I could try. I will add a changestate to the player 2 stun to where if the nut bite or throat bite is the last hit of a combo, the stun time will be shorter, and I'll add a time trigger to the next hit so it won't work til the opponent gets a quick moment of control.  I'll have to try it and see how it works out.

I'll have to figure out a way to keep the opponent from just holding down Block the whole time so they just automatically block during that moment with no timing required, but I can figure out something.

I'll update the topic title with the Version date and I'll also update the changelog and download link when the update is complete.

Any other ideas or thoughts let me know, and if anybody else has any input or comments, please share.
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draxxon wrote:
just keep tinkering and learning, I'm sure one day
you'll be way beyond where your at now.

keep up the good work, and thank you for being
active and positive here, I really appreciate it!!

No problem.  I'm glad to be here, and I'm always grateful for any constructive input.  Most of what I've learned is on my own from Elecbyte.com, so any help I can get with playtesting or suggestions is appreciated.

I already have come a long way from the first bare bones version of Wicked Mileena, and there's always more to learn and implement.  The nice thing about MUGEN is once a project is released, it's not necessarily the last word, and with more creator experience and community input, a project can grow and become  more interesting endlessly.

It's the ultimate DLC!  Always new updates and no preorder required!
borg117
cyborg
cyborg

Personal quote: Dragons gasp..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for infinites, you can either increase pushback after X hits or reduce pop-up speed so it becomes harder to continue the juggle. harder limit would be putting your character in a "frozen" state after X hits (much like MKA combos do after 3 knockback hits)
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

borg117 wrote:
harder limit would be putting your character in a "frozen" state after X hits (much like MKA combos do after 3 knockback hits)

Thanks! This sounds useful and I'm trying it. How would you suggest doing it?  

I'm trying to do it with a Hitcountpersist for each attack Statedef in the string.

Then adding an alternate Hitdef to certain attacks that will have a longer  p1_pausetime if there is a certain Hitcount trigger.

I'd time the p1_pausetime to end at the same time as the opponent's stun/stagger state, so they'd each have a fair chance at the next attack/defense.

I'd have the original Hitdef activate if that Hitcount was lacking.

Is there a better way?

It'd be nice if there was something like a "Prevstateno Two or Three or Four States Ago" trigger that somebody suddenly discovered was in MUGEN all along.

EDIT: Here's a test video of the fix at work.  Notice instead of being able to endlessly repeat the combo, after the 12th hit Mileena is frozen just long enough for player 2's stun state to end, giving a chance for retaliation. (Character Life in MUGEN Options is 300% in this video, and game is in training mode)

The character download doesn't have this fix yet, I've got to fine-tune the timing. I'm still testing for the next day or two.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq6VwedKXP8&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
borg117
cyborg
cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the simpliest way would be creating empty (anim 888) explods with certain ID, and then use their number as trigger
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

borg117 wrote:
the simpliest way would be creating empty (anim 888) explods with certain ID, and then use their number as trigger

That's actually brilliant.  That would allow for all kinds of things without relying on the limited Prevstateno or Hitcount triggers or cluttering up Statedef -2 so much.  Thanks.
borg117
cyborg
cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just check how it's made in Rain's roundhouse, Ermac's teleslam or Kung Lao's rotation
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

borg117 wrote:
just check how it's made in Rain's roundhouse, Ermac's teleslam or Kung Lao's rotation

I will definitely check that out.  I've also been using your Kung Lao as a model to make my character slice fatality compatible and also to add a new slice finisher.

Test video of the new finisher:

Link
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version available for download.  Link in the first post in this topic.

This update includes several major improvements so if you are following the character I suggest a redownload.  See the second post in this topic for the updated changelog which will give more info on what's different.

Again, if you try the character and have suggestions, comments, or requests, please leave feedback.  It really helps with future improvements to the character.
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version posted for download.  The download link for the character is in the first post in this topic.

For a full changelog see the second post in this topic, but the basic changes of today's update are:

-Fixed glitch with Unzipped Fatality where it would miss if performed after a flying bite that failed to hit, or if activated during the first tick of an opponent's defeated dizzy state.

-Removed background blackout and ominous music tone from FATALITY 1 (FATAL KISS) to make the change to the state more streamlined and more of a shocker when the sweet kiss turns into something else.  Also matches it more to the flowing style of this character's other finishers.

-Improved Fatality and finishers AI to have computer controlled opponent be more random and creative in their finishing moves.
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the changelog:

Now taking full advantage of the AILevel Trigger and have revamped Wicked Mileena's AI to use this instead of just standard Random >/</= x triggers alone.

This means a couple good things.  Wicked Mileena 2.0's special attacks will now be compatible with newer MUGEN engines' difficulty option, and will also escalate in difficulty depending on her place in the match ladder.  

It also means I can incorporate more of Borg117's statedefs for characters' basic shared moves.  This will have the same difficulty benefit as the special moves, and also make the character fit more seamlessly into Borg's engine.

I'm also taking the opportunity to revamp some of Wicked Mileena's other AI factors, tightening things up and adding certain strategies and counters that my playtesting has taught me would benefit the character.

The download link for this latest version (February 20 2015) is in the first post in this topic.
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

Test video of the new AI improvements.  Wicked Mileena is computer controlled in this vid with the new Mugen 1.0 style AIlevel triggers.  Difficulty level is set at 8. Character version February 20 2015.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QKnGsaD88c

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

The next update is in progress.  There will be new enhancements to the character's coding as usual (keep checking changelog post for updates), but the thing I want to show off now is two more alternate palettes which are brand new.

In this video, the first new palette is Tarkatan Mileena.  Mileena share's blood with Baraka's race, but other than her evil mouth and eyes, rarely is any sign of this seen.

In this alternate palette, Mileena's bloodlust in the heat of the tournament has brought her Tarkatan blood to the fore, wreaking changes in her flesh.

The second new palette is a nylon palette, based on the sheer palette I made for her but darker to be a little less revealing and with different effects under light.

Here's a video with the new palettes being tested. I will update the changelog once the character download link includes these new palettes.

UPDATE: New palettes are included in current Download Version (FEBRUARY 22 2015).  Download link in first post in this topic.

Link
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

Wicked Mileena now has been completely converted to Borg117 style AI for full compatibility and to make the character fit better in the Fixed MKP 4.1.

Download link in the first post in this topic has been updated.

The changelog (second post), includes a list of all changes since the first version, but here are the new things in this version (February 28, 2015):

-Some more sprite/palette improvements

-Added a variant on the classic mirror Friendship finisher from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

-Fixed old style MKP 4.1 run bug where run would stutter into standing animation sometimes when computer controlled.

-Added AI states to make Mileena sometimes do her hug finisher on opponents when AI controlled. This finisher then branches into other finishers from the hug to keep the opponent guessing their fate.

-Lowered chance of Wicked Mileena performing Hara-Kiri when computer controlled to give opponent chance to perform Fatality more often.

-Further AI corrections and updates to bring the character closer to the style of Borg117's MKP 4.1 fixed characters.

-
Rogue Warrior
Warrior
Warrior

Personal quote: President Trump baby. WOOO!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NRS paid homage to your fatality idea & called it a brutality. LMAO!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mortal Kombat MUGEN Projects Forum Index -> Mortal Kombat Project - Fixed -> Characters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: