The Mortal Kombat MUGEN Projects

Join! (free) FAQ Search Memberlist :: Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Special Ops Sonya Fourth Download Version AUGUST 8 2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mortal Kombat MUGEN Projects Forum Index -> Mortal Kombat Project - Fixed -> Characters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Special Ops Sonya Fourth Download Version AUGUST 8 2015  Reply with quote

-

IMPORTANT NOTE: If your version of the character is dated before August 8, 2015, please download again here.  A new version which improves some things is available.

Download link for version dated AUGUST 8, 2015 (Future versions may become available):

http://www.mediafire.com/download...ST_8%2C_2015-new_improvements.zip

This download includes both the censored and uncensored versions.  The difference is explained in the description after this demo video:

Link

IMPORTANT COMPATIBILITY NOTE:

The character is currently only compatible with Borg117's FIXED AND UPDATED Mortal Kombat Project 4.1 version (using MUGEN 1.1 engine). You can find a version of Borg117's project at:

http://mkmp.myfreeforum.org/ftopic2231-0-asc-750.php

Purpose of this character:

-To make Sonya's moveset match more closely her portrayal as a trained Special Forces military operative. In addition to her classic martial arts and magic attacks, she now has a full set of weapons-based and military style attacks and finishers.  Included are machinegun, grenade, landmine, and knife attacks.  She can also do a Johnny Cage-style nutpunch now.

-To make the character fully compatible with Borg117's MKP engine, including adaptations of the improved basic shared attack AI that Borg created.

-To fully update Sonya to MUGEN 1.0 style AI so that she has variable difficulty based on the challenge level selected in MUGEN settings. The difficulty is also effected by her place in the arcade mode ladder.  If you face her as the first opponent in the game, she will be easier than if you face her as an opponent later in the game.  This makes the game experience increase in difficulty as you progress.

-To add complex AI states for all special moves old and new.  This makes facing Sonya as a computer controlled opponent a funner experience as she will react strategically to the player's behavior for more challenge and more realistic character interaction.

-Other fun stuff, such as tons of finishers, redone sound effects, 12 different costume palettes and lots of new animations and sprites.

Differences between the censored and uncensored versions:

-Uncensored version has a battle-damaged win pose if character wins the round with a lifebar that is a third or less full.  This alternate win pose is very revealing and NSFW. This animation may also be randomly played during Hara-Kiri.

-Uncensored version has several fully animated Friendship moves using images of the actress that played Sonya in Mortal Kombat 3.  These images are from her other career as an adult model and are a parody of and tribute to this bit of Mortal Kombat behind-the-scenes lore.  They are also completely NSFW.

-Both versions have a standard Hara-Kiri. As a variation of the Hara-Kiri self-finisher, the uncensored version also has several Submission moves.  Instead of destroying herself as in a standard Hara-Kiri, Sonya performs animations based off the adult modeling career of the actress that played Sonya. These are again a parody of and a tribute to the behind-the-scenes history of the games.

-In the uncensored version, Sonya's autograph Friendship finisher will randomly present one of several images of the actress portraying her. These images are NSFW. The censored version will instead portray one image that is less fully revealing.

-When the "Toasty!" animation pops up in the uncensored version, there is a 50% random chance that the standard Toasty head will be replaced by an image from the adult modeling career of the actress that played Sonya.

Old Demo video:

Link

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 15 times in total
mission_deadman
Newb
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. Never was a fan of Sonya and barely want her in my game. This could change that.
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission_deadman wrote:
Good stuff. Never was a fan of Sonya and barely want her in my game. This could change that.

Thanks for the interest. I'm trying to have the first release version up in the next day or two.  All the coding is pretty much done, but I'm just playing with the character to make any last minute improvements or catch any bugs.
hadi2
Fighter
Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice
darkreactorsmoke
Student
Student

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name suits she more Cassie Cage :)
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in the release.  The creation is going very well, but I'm adding a lot more features than originally intended, so it's still might be a day or two longer.

In addition to the machine gun, grenade, nutcracker, and knife attacks presented in my demo video, I've also added some new air attacks to give the character a unique feel.

I've also created several new finishers. Counting Hara-Kiris, Babality, multiple Friendships, and Fatalities, the total number of finishers the character can perform is eleven. More if you count that some of the finishers have random effects when performed at different times.

I'm trying to give it the tightest AI of any of my characters, and giving it a thorough polishing job to avoid any bugs or glitches.

Sorry for the release taking longer than originally announced, and thanks for the interest from those of you who are following my creations.  I'll try to have a download link posted soon.
HitmanWC
sprite artist
sprite artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost my original login and password , i had to create a new account , i did this all because of black acids work,  You Sir do awesome work. We need more creative , active , people like you. I follow you on youtube as well and so  i created this account off of my youtube account, hitman. So i can be known here and there as same person.  

I am very interested in your AI command codes, I work on my mugen everyday , I would like to tweak many characters ai as well.
if you could one day (when ever you get a chance) I would love to see a post showing how to adjust AI.

Looking forward to sonja and hopefully many more character updates.
fantasmator
Fighter
Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I use your Sonya for my MKX Mugen project? I can create variations for her (one variation classic, another using SF attacks and another using Cage movements)

#ReptisonyaWho?

#EelEuqLeOtup
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitmanWC wrote:
Looking forward to sonya and hopefully many more character updates.

Thanks for the appreciation. It makes it worth the effort if the characters make you enjoy your game more. Soon this one will be finished.  It's already completely playable and packed with features but I'm trying to get it as polished as possible before release.

fantasmator wrote:
Can I use your Sonya for my MKX Mugen project? I can create variations for her (one variation classic, another using SF attacks and another using Cage movements)

Thanks for the interest, but I plan to use this version of Sonya in my own full game that I'm trying to piece together. Sorry.

I did post another version of Sonya MKP 4.1 that has Borg style AI. If you want to use that as a base for your own character that would be ok, it's got pretty decent AI and some bugfixes for the bicycle kick.  It does have a rare glitch with the Fireball fatality where the fireball sometimes misses the opponent.  I've been busy on my new version so I haven't fixed it, but I'm sure I could make a quick patch.

That version of the character is at http://mkmp.myfreeforum.org/about2488.html

The Special Operations Force version of  Sonya isn't open source yet though.

-

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

Still not ready for release yet.  It's completely playable but just when I though I was finished I came up with some new ideas that would improve the character and had to implement and playtest them.  Sorry about the delay, but it will make the character much better.

Here's a new demo reel of Special Operations Force Sonya running her new AI routines against other AI controlled opponents.  I like this vid because it shows off her new concussion mine and stun mine attacks.

Link

-
HitmanWC
sprite artist
sprite artist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing!  Really like the dual guns that looks awesome.
fantasmator
Fighter
Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okii.....conon with your project Wink

#ReptisonyaWho?

#EelEuqLeOtup
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The character is finally available for download.  I edited the first post in this topic with full details, a new video, and a download link that contains both the censored and uncensored versions of the character. Go up to the first post for more info.

As always, any comments are welcome.  I pretty thoroughly playtested this character to make it as bug free as possible but if anybody finds anything that needs corrected please let me know also.
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

I am uploading a small but important update for the Special Ops Sonya character.  

In the original version I found a glitch where  Sonya would sometimes walljump again while already in a walljump state while computer controlled.  Walljumping twice in a row would cause her to gain more height than intended.

If your version of the character is dated earlier than April 18, 2015, please redownload.

The new file includes both the censored and uncensored versions of the character.  The difference between the censored and uncensored version is explained in the first post in this topic and in a document included with the character.

You can find the fixed version in the first post in this topic or at this download link:

LINK REMOVED. SEE NEXT POST FOR NEW LINK

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new update for Special Ops Sonya that fixes a few minor bugs.

If your version is dated before AUGUST 6 2015, it is suggested to download again from the first post in this topic or from the download link below.

This new version has the following improvements:

-Fix for High Grenade and Low Grenade attack to prevent Sonya from repeating this move while the grenade helper is already in play.

-Fix for Photograph Friendship move to make sure that photograph doesn't get placed behind background elements.

Download link includes both censored and uncensored versions of the character.

Download link:

-

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be the second update in one day for Spec Ops Sonya!

In my earlier update I missed a glitch that needed fixing.

Sometimes when Sonya used her machine gun attacks to defeat an opponent in the last round of a match it would not put the opponent in a Finisher state.

I've fixed that and the newest character download link includes the fix.

If you already have a version of the character dated AUGUST 6 2015 and just want the missing machine gun fix there's patches.

If you have Spec Ops Sonya dated AUGUST 6 2015 and want the machine gun patch for the CENSORED VERSION download this:

REMOVED LINK. NEW IMPROVEMENTS HAVE BEEN ADDED SINCE THIS PATCH. PLEASE DOWNLOAD CHARACTER AGAIN FROM MAIN LINK.

If you have Spec Ops Sonya dated AUGUST 6 2015 and want the machine gun patch for the UNCENSORED VERSION download this:

REMOVED LINK. NEW IMPROVEMENTS HAVE BEEN ADDED SINCE THIS PATCH. PLEASE DOWNLOAD CHARACTER AGAIN FROM MAIN LINK.

If you don't want to install a patch or if you have a version earlier than AUGUST 6 2015, download the character from the first post in this topic.  The latest link already has the machine gun patch installed.

-
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

Even more improvements since the August 6 2015 version!

It was already a pretty good character but I'm trying to make this character as bug-free and polished as polished as possible so I've been doing lots of play-testing and improvements the last couple of days.

Changes since the August 6 version:

-Fix for Hara-Kiri showing Fatality logo incorrectly against certain opponents.

-Fix to prevent opponent from being able to attack or move incorrectly after Hara-Kiri or Submissions.

-Fix to stop background music from playing during Submission music.

-Fix for stun gas mines removing opponent from Finisher state incorrectly when used on defeated opponent.

-Added music for Photograph Friendship.

For the latest AUGUST 8 2015 version, download again from the link in the first post. Or download here.

Download link includes both censored and uncensored versions of the character.

Download link:

Also, a new demo video showing Spec Ops Sonya's AI in action:

Link

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mortal Kombat MUGEN Projects Forum Index -> Mortal Kombat Project - Fixed -> Characters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: