The Mortal Kombat MUGEN Projects

Join! (free) FAQ Search Memberlist :: Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Test Videos Street Fighter Characters for Borg117's FixedMKP
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mortal Kombat MUGEN Projects Forum Index -> Mortal Kombat Project - Fixed -> Characters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject: Test Videos Street Fighter Characters for Borg117's FixedMKP  Reply with quote

This is a proof of concept test video of my edit of Jermaine Kidd's M. Bison, which he based off of Simpli's M. Bison.  Both of them were kind enough to give me permission to adapt the character.

The purpose of this edit is to adapt M. Bison to Borg117's improved MKP engine, including adding Borg's AI for shared common attacks and also to add my own custom AI states for Bison's special moves.  This will also give Bison MUGEN 1.0 style variable difficulty levels.

This is just a demo video for now.  The adapting is in a very early state, and much more work needs to be done to perfect the new AI. The character will be released once all the editing is done.

Both characters in this video are completely computer controlled, with difficulty level set at six.  

Even though this is early in the adapting process, hopefully this video shows the potential for what can be accomplished once Bison has been fully updated AI and how much ass he can kick.

Link

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
sannamy
Warrior
Warrior

Personal quote: Play has the child that you were with the wisdom of the adult that you became

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This character is excelent... I just have 1 advice:

Make the psicocrusher work like the original one and not like raiden's torpedo. It will add more personality to the char. Bison's psicocrusher don't push the oponent, it make the enemy fall electrocuted, and bison pass throght the enemy. ^^

is my only advice. ^^
Shin Gouki
Student
Student

Personal quote: I roam the realms..!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sannamy wrote:

Make the psicocrusher work like the original one and not like raiden's torpedo. It will add more personality to the char. Bison's psicocrusher don't push the oponent, it make the enemy fall electrocuted, and bison pass throght the enemy. ^^

is my only advice. ^^

But a very good one! I noticed that too, but you where faster.. okay
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sannamy wrote:

Make the psicocrusher work like the original one and not like raiden's torpedo. It will add more personality to the char. Bison's psicocrusher don't push the oponent, it make the enemy fall electrocuted, and bison pass throght the enemy.

That's a good suggestion. I'll try to figure something out.

The character is still not ready for release but I've been working on updating Jermaine Kidd's original Finishers to be compatible with Borg117's gore system.  I've also added new sound effects and changed the sprite of the arcade cabinet in the Friendship to be the classic Street Fighter cabinet.

Here's a demo video of the work in progress:

Click link to play on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWrW_yTMFPc&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

M. Bison is still in the works, but I've also started work on updating Jermaine Kidd and Simpli's Guile/Jean Claude Van Damme character for Borg117's improved MKP 4.1 engine.

The goal is still to improve the AI with MUGEN 1.0 style AI level triggers, variable difficulty, and new AI states.

I will also add other improvements Borg's engine makes possible, such as improved Fatalities and gore.

Still a work in progress, but here's a demo of the changes so far.  To demonstrate the AI improvements, both characters in this demo video are fully computer controlled.

Link
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm making good progress on M. Bison and Guile, I decided to start working on updating Jermaine Kidd's Chun Li to Borg117's fixed MKP engine.  Thanks to Jermaine Kidd and Simpli who provided the resources.

Again, these characters are still works in progress and still need some work before release. These are demo vids for viewers who may want to follow the progress until the release.

Chun Li has been updated to MUGEN 1.0 style AI along with Borg117's basic attack states and some customized AI states I created for special moves. Fatality gore has also been improved to take advantage of Borg's blood system.

The characters in this demo video are completely computer controlled to show off the potential of the new AI. It's still in an early state and will be improved before release.

Here's the demo vid of Chun Li:

Link
sannamy
Warrior
Warrior

Personal quote: Play has the child that you were with the wisdom of the adult that you became

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excelente trabajo con ChunLi. ^^
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

Another test video of a work-in-progress character.

This time I'm trying out Guile/Jean Claude Van Damme's finishing moves.

I adapted Jermaine Kidd's Hyper-Combo into a Fatality, and changed the nutpunch Fatality to include JCVD's famous split.  

I also changed the nutpunch Fatality final hit to a decap instead of a burster as the opponent is already blown up in the Hyper-Combo Fatality.

I also took advantage of Borg117's split-in-half states to allow Guile to tear up an opponent with a Flash Kick.

I added a Babality attack and also edited a sprite of baby Guile so he can be a victim of Babalities.

I left Jermaine Kidd's Friendship move alone.  I think it's a pretty cool homage to the early career of JCVD.

Fun fact: The first Mortal Kombat was originally started as a project for Jean Claude Van Damme to star in for Midway games.  So this character will actually bring closer to reality the original vision for the franchise.

SPOILERS FOR THE UPCOMING CHARACTER'S FINISHERS ARE INCLUDED IN THE VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5KbyLENLrw&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
borg117
cyborg
cyborg

Personal quote: Dragons gasp..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about making a baby-guile have his trademark SF style hair?
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

borg117 wrote:
how about making a baby-guile have his trademark SF style hair?

I'd actually edited a sprite like that but didn't use it because it didn't look like the JCVD version.

But now that you mention it, since Babalities are supposed to be funny takes on the character and not too serious, it might add humor to the game.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Link
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guile is getting closer and closer to release.  He is now fully compatible with split-in-half Fatalities.  

I thought it wouldn't be right if he didn't have the correct animation since he can do a split-in-half Fatality himself.  So I edited up some new sprites and think it turned out pretty good. Here's a video of it for those who don't mind spoilers.

Link
lordraptor7
<b>Moderator<b>

Personal quote: Reiko>Kotal Kahn (proof above)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackacid10 wrote:
Guile is getting closer and closer to release.  He is now fully compatible with split-in-half Fatalities.  

I thought it wouldn't be right if he didn't have the correct animation since he can do a split-in-half Fatality himself.  So I edited up some new sprites and think it turned out pretty good. Here's a video of it for those who don't mind spoilers.

Link

Nice one, but may i suggest you use Guile's SFA3 losing sound effect instead of SSF2, it would sound more like a scream rather than his goofy sound lol.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5a9qeo6...nthology_%28USA%29_00759.wav?dl=0
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordraptor7 wrote:
Nice one, but may i suggest you use Guile's SFA3 losing sound effect instead of SSF2, it would sound more like a scream rather than his goofy sound lol.

His old style groan is classic but seeing it in that video, I think you're right that the sound needs to be a bit more brutal to fit the more violent world of MK. I'll give that sound clip a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
lordraptor7
<b>Moderator<b>

Personal quote: Reiko>Kotal Kahn (proof above)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackacid10 wrote:
lordraptor7 wrote:

His old style groan is classic but seeing it in that video, I think you're right that the sound needs to be a bit more brutal to fit the more violent world of MK. I'll give that sound clip a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

SFA3's sound effects are great, i for example use Balrog's evil laugh for Kano's shaking grab lol.
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

Another test video for Guile, for those interested in following the progress of the character creation.

There is a new intro.  I'm trying to make the Street Fighter characters I adapt into Borg's engine fit into the Mortal Kombat storyline with intros and endings explaining how they fit.  See my recent M. Bison test release for an example. This video demos the intro I came up with for Guile.

I also included a palette test.  Jermaine Kidd had to disable some of the palettes due to certain incompatibilities, but I did some fixes, and restored multiple palettes to the characters.  I also made a few new ones.

Also included in the video is Guile's second Friendship finisher which will be new to this version.

VIDEO CONTAINS SPOILERS OF FEATURES OF THE CHARACTER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epU5VCtq_wk&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

Guile now has a new ending that will display after he defeats Shao Kahn in arcade mode.

It turned out pretty well, so for anybody who's interested I'm posting a video. I especially like the homage to the Street Fighter 2 game over at the end.

Of course it's a spoiler, so for anybody waiting for the full release, look away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxHaTC0WCD0

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

I wanted to make sure anybody who downloaded the first version of Guile I posted is aware I fixed a few minor glitches that needed repaired and reuploaded the character.  

If your version date is earlier than April 17, 2015, please check Guile's release topic for more details and the new download link for the fixed version.
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

I wanted to show a new video of a new Street Fighter character I'm working on.

This time it is Ryu, based on the version by Jermaine Kidd and Simpli.

He is not yet ready for release but I've already got him converted to Borg117's Fixed MKP engine and basic attack AI and have started work on adding strategic AI for his special moves.

In this demo video Ryu is fully computer controlled to show off the AI updates in action.  

It also demonstrates a new Fatality that shows Sagat was lucky to get away with just a scar.  There's also a guest appearance by another Street Fighter character in a new Friendship move.

Here's the video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7rzMXmIDnY&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Blackacid10 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

Progress on Chun-Li is going very well.  Again thanks to Jermaine Kidd and Simpli who created a great character to work with.

In addition to the usual AI updates and Borg-style conversion, I've been working on her Finishers.  So far she has 2 Fatalities, 3 Friendships, Babality attack and compatibility, and a Hara-Kiri.  

Today I completed her split-in-half sprites and animations to make her compatible with Fatalities that require it.

Still not ready for release, but here's another video. This one shows the new split-in-half animation in action and also shows Chun-Li's Hara-Kiri.

Link
Simpli™
God
God

Personal quote: find your own way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL her harikiri is hilareous!made me laugh!I like it! :)
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpli™ wrote:
LOL her harikiri is hilareous!made me laugh!I like it! :)

Thanks, glad you liked it, Simpli.

Today, I made good progress.  I added her head stomp, finished converting her combo AI to MUGEN 1.0 style, and added more Finishers.

She currently has six Fatalities, three Friendships, a Babality, and a Hara-Kiri.

I also created a new intro story scene to bring Chun-Li into the Mortal Kombat storyline.  The character still needs some work before release but here's a preview of the new intro scene:

Link

-
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

In my last video I showed Chun-Li's new Intro scene for Mortal Kombat Project.  Now she has an Ending.  It is a live action remake of her ending for Street Fighter 2 for the Super Nintendo. I loved that game as a kid and wanted to make the ending as a tribute.

I suggest watching the Super Nintendo version first for comparison before watching the remake.  The original Super Nintendo version can be viewed at this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IQZd2bfDKU

And then here's the live action remake I did for the Chun-Li character for MKP (INCLUDES SPOILER FOR HER ENDING):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqxBzcmuWEI&feature=youtu.be
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

Chun-Li is in the final stages of playtesting before release.  Most of the major coding is done, I'm just fine-tuning a few things.

I really like the way the new AI is turning out. There's a few little things that need improved before release but overall it's very good.

Here's a demonstration video of Chun-Li with her new AI versus Kano from the Fixed MKP.  Both characters are computer controlled and the AI level is set to 8.

Link
Hanzo Hasashi
God
God

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! !
Blackacid10
Warrior
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chun-Li is available to download at:

http://mkmp.myfreeforum.org/sutra40923.php#40923

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mortal Kombat MUGEN Projects Forum Index -> Mortal Kombat Project - Fixed -> Characters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: